Wednesday 14 July 2010

Whoopie Pies all the way...


Well it's been a while... and so many things have happened I don't quite know where to start!

First, I was featured in the Sussex Express, then the Evening Argus picked it up, then the Leader. I think I am now officially a W-List celeb...

In between I strayed away from the Whoopie Pies and created a couple of pretty stunning birthday cakes with spotty chocolate collars - the 12" version can be seen here (currently middle bottom photo). Once you've got the hang of it, chocolate cake collars come out pretty well - see my chocolate cake collar post here for what I did (and things to avoid....like doing it on the hottest day of the year)

Then last week was spent manically making tons of Whoopie Pies in preparation for my appearance at the Uckfield Festival Big Day Out, alongside Ruth's of Cooksbridge (fantastic, amazing cupcakes. Comments included "mummy, are those cakes real? they aren't are they?")

I took a break now and then from the kitchen to make some bunting - much easier than I thought. Hopefully see another post about making bunting....

I managed to find a great site for having banners made: Print A Banner - very reasonable price, easy website and very fast. 6ft x 1ft was only £16 - for my own design. And it fitted the stall perfectly.

The day was amazing. I was up at 5.45am picking flowers from the garden to go in vases, along with some borage for on top of the new double chocolate whoopie pies (hopefully see my post on borage for more info). We arrived just after 8am and began setting up the stall, putting out the bunting and the banner and flowers. It looked pretty darn fine once all the Whoopie Pies and Cupcakes were in place...

The sun shone down, we got a mention on Uckfield FM, and shifted a fair few cakes! Then as the man was fishing and the boy was being auntied, I got some Pimms with the proceeds and then dragged myself down to The Ark for a few glasses of wine. A pretty good day all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment